Thursday, May 13, 2010

Daily Warfare Prayer

     Heavenly Father, I humble myself in worship before You. To Your holy name be glory, honor and praise forever! You are worthy of my adoration, devotion and thanksgiving. I commit myself to love You with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength--including my energy output and all of my best efforts. I submit myself to You (and to my husband/wife) whom You have given me to love. I yield my money, sex, power, imagination, emotions, appetite and health to You. Here is my body as a living sacrifice, consecrated to You and made holy as a temple of the Holy Spirit. I give myself to You completely and without holding anything back.
     By faith I claim the protection of the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ around and within me. I give myself to abide and remain in Christ during this day. In union with Christ, I take my stand against all efforts of Satan and his demons to hinder me in this time of prayer and in this day.
    Righteous Father, by faith and in obedience to Your command, I put off the old self which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires and put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. I resist all the forces of darkness that stimulate the desires of my sinful nature. By the power and authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, I retake any ground given to the devil and release its full control to the Holy Spirit.
     I confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. I claim the power of His crucifixion on my behalf as an astoning sacrifice for all my sins and not for mine only but also for the sins of the whole world. I claim the victory of His resurrection and the power of His intercession for us. I submit to His authority as the head of the church and rejoice in His rule and reign in the universe. For this day I appropriate the fullness of the Holy Spirit. I bring all this power to bear against Satan, his forces of evil and his strategies against us.
     In obedience to the command in Your word, I commit myself to be strong in the Lord and His mighty power. Thank You for the full armor of God that You provide. Right now I put on the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness and the boots of readiness of the gospel of peace. I hold up the shield of faith that extinguishes all the flaming arrows of the evil one. I put on the helmet of salvation. I grasp the sword of the Spirit, the word of God. Train me to use it with superntural ability. Stimulate me to pray on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
     Heavenly Father, with the divine power of these weapons that You give in Christ, I tear down Satan's strongholds in my life and in the lives of those I love. I demolish the plans of Satan formed against us today. I smash the strongholds of Satan against my mind, my will, my soul, my spirit, my body, my heart and my emotions. I reject the ideas and phrases that make sin attractive and plausible. By faith I claim the mind of Christ. I take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. I release every negative emotion, replacing it with the peace of God that transcends all understanding.
     Thank You, Lord Jesus, for loving me and laying down Your life for me. Open my eyes today to the opportunity to love (my husband/wife and) others and to lay down my life for them, using my spiritual gifts in a spirit of humility, joy and service. Help me to take my focus off myself and to fix my eyes on Jesus Christ. Show me what You are doing, Holy Father, and allow me to be used of the Holy Spirit as a part of it. I enter this day with thanksgiving and praise.
     I pray all this in the confidence of the wonderful name of our Lord Jesus Christ who is able to keep me from falling and to present me before Your glorious presence without fault and with great joy.
     Amen.

(Note: I believe the original prayer was written by Derek Prince. We have edited it down and modified it somewhat. We read it aloud together every morning. It takes about five minutes.)

No comments: