Thursday, July 15, 2010

POEM: Now I understand Auschwitz

" I was raised Catholic,"
               said the Director of the clinic

          "but I think women should have a choice."


"I'm against abortion,"
               said the nursing student
          "but I need the credit."


"I wouldn't let my wife get one,"
               said the guard at the door,
          "but I need the money."

"If I don't do it,"
               said the doctor,
          "she'll just go to someone else."

"Abortion upsets me,"
               said the mother,
          "but I brought her in because I knew
               she'd get one anyway."

"I'm sorry about it,"
               said the boyfriend,
          "but if she had the baby
               she'd come back on me for child support."

"I think abortion is terrible,"
               said the landlord,
          "but the doctor has a lease."

"I wish they'd do them somewhere else,"
               said the neighbor,
          "but I guess no neighborhood is perfect."

"I would have helped you shut the place down,"
               said the pastor,
          "but I have a sermon to prepare."

"I wish I could picket the clinic with you,"
               said the pregnant Christian,
          "but I have an appointment there tomorrow."
                
  

No comments: