Monday, July 5, 2010

SONG: Ticket to Tarshish (Duet)

[1st person] I've got a ticket to Tarshish
I'm gonna flee from the Lord
I don't want to do what He's told me to
I've found a ship and I'm gettin' aboard.

[2nd person]You can't run-from-God [words stretched out]
He's gonna find ya
You can't get-away

He's gonna catch ya.
Try your best [pause]
to escape from His love--
It won't work! [rapid]

He's gonna chase ya
like it or not.
He's gonna love ya
like it or not.
He's gonna bless ya
like it or not.

[1]I've got a ticket to Tarshish
[2, overlapping]     (You can't run       from           God)
[1] I'm gonna flee from the Lord
[2]                                           (He's gonna find ya)

[1]I don't want to do what He's told me to

[Simultaneously]
[1]I've found a ship and I'm getting aboard
[2] Try your best! to escape from His love
It won't work!
He's gonna fol-low-you.
He's gonna ride you hard.
He's gonna fol-low-you--
Until you follow Him! [abrupt]

No comments: