Saturday, May 14, 2016

PHOENIX MEMORABILIA: My journals (ages 10-14)

     These are the journals I kept as we sailed around the world, 1954-1958. Mum later had them bound as sturdy ledgers. Over the next few days I'll show you peeks inside each of them. You'll see a change in hand-writing and hopefully a maturation in style and content. I start adding illustrations in the margins in volume 3 or so.
     You'll also see pages showing evidence of an extra large wave which came down the hatch or through a porthole and ink smudged or smeared by any one of our (mostly serial) cats.

1 comment:

Terry said...

dear jessica...these will be so interesing to read! i must tell my felisol about your blog.
her blog is "on the far side of the sea" she lives in norway and she is my dearest friend...you would love her....love terry